Wednesday, April 20, 2022

From Dream to Reality

From the very beginning of my writing career I've wanted my work to be published in audio form. I think it's because I've always loved books on tape, then books on CD. I guess it's time to make the (belated, I know) jump into downloadable books.

There's nothing quite like listening to someone tell a story. Some favorites include the Harry Potter series, narrated by Jim Dale, and Angela's Ashes written and read by Frank McCourt. Now, (drumroll please!) I can add my book to that list of favorites.

Back in December (the 22nd, and it was in the morning lol), I got an email from my publisher, Red Adept Publishing, letting me know Scribd wanted to turn The Existence of Pity into an audiobook. I couldn't believe it, and didn't believe it, until I checked my Amazon page this past Thursday.

It's really happening! As of yesterday, my audiobook is live!! Scribd, founded in San Francisco in 2007, is an audio publishing company and a subscription service. It offers access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more at the cost of $11.99 per month. Business Insider says "Scribd is overall the best and most convenient deal for online reading." I've joined and grabbed my book already. 

And to hear my words read by Maria Liatis, WOW! What an incredible feeling! Since she's from Argentina, her Spanish is flawless. Since she studied Theatre and Dramatic Arts at University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!), her English is impeccable. All around, she does a fantastic job narrating. It's perfect in every way.

So if you want to sit back and have someone tell you my story, go to Scribd

You can also get it from Audible on Amazon, or listen to a four-minute sample. I'd love to hear what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment