Monday, September 24, 2012

We Have A Winner!

Gema, dear friend since grade school, I am happy to announce that you are the winner of the Clinique moisturizer for being the first to read my manuscript!  And you have also won my undying devotion for saying, "I spent the day reading your book and loved it!  Congratulations!"

As you know, dear reader, I have been hard at work murdering darlings.  Only a few superfluous phrases and unnecesary scenes are stepping forward to be liberated from my novel, though, and the rest are hiding behind important plotlines and setups.  How to keep at the editing?
I'm glad you asked.  Sometimes I have to stop trying so hard.  When I am not consciously thinking about my manuscript, ideas of ways to make it better just come to me.  The following game has been a fun way to get unconscious :)  Just click and drag the blue guy up, drop him, and see what happens.   
http://www.funbrain.com/brain/SweepsBrain/Games/Game.html?GameName=DesertDive&Brain=kidsandparents&Grade=0&GameNumber=1
Fair warning:  it's addictive, so only do this when your brain really needs a break.

1 comment:

  1. If I hear that see-saw bear scream "wahoo" one more time I'll scream! I see why it's a good diversion -- it will drive you crazy and you absolutely must revise your novel to stay sane! Off to my revising.

    ReplyDelete