Sunday, March 12, 2017

Commute Delight

I love my commute, and the main reason why is since I work part-time, I don't have to do it every day.
Even this lovely drive along what's literally called Scenic Highway would get old day in and day out. These pictures, taken out my car window, don't do justice to the beauty and diversity of my drive along the causeways and waterways, the mansions and hilltop overlooks,  the moors found in Milton. And right now, the azaleas are blooming everywhere. It's breathtaking.
 
 I'm not big on change. I like listening to the same songs in the same order when I run the same course, I like eating the same breakfast every morning (cheerios and cherries with soy milk -- weird, I know), and settling into writing with the same routine of computer games. (I wrote a short piece about my writing process, See the post here.)
On my drive to work, though, one of my favorite things to do is look for new things. One house has two dog statues that look completely real, but they can't be; they haven't moved in all this time. I've named them Liz and Eddie. During the holidays someone had a 20-foot blow-up of Rudolph's Abominable Snowman in their front yard. There's no telling what's going on at the gold house with it's fountains and Bentleys!
Although I'm watching countless home improvements and new construction, what makes me happiest are the little touches I notice. A new planting area, a tire swing from a tree, a holiday wreath on the door.This is a beautiful world because people are making it beautiful, and I challenge you to find that beauty along the roads you travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment