Monday, April 13, 2020

Fourteen: To a Garden Hose

April 9. Well, thanks to the Coronavirus, I'm down to sitting in my front yard, blogging about the sprinkler. From the wide ocean to a garden hose.
But it's peaceful here, and I'm biased. I think it's beautiful, even if my water source can barely be seen in the picture.
We are fortunate to live in a culdesac and have a large oak to give us shade, birds, squirrels, leaves, life.

As I sit here enjoying the view again today, after so many days, I appreciate the calm that comes over me. How grateful I am for my patch of grass, for my piece of sky!
I'll admit that, a few times during this past month, terror has caught in my throat. Terror at the meaninglessness generated from isolation. Terror of a loved one contracting the virus. Terror that I might unwittingly pass it to someone else. The list goes on, but I won't. I will breathe in the beauty of a spring day, and create meaning for my life, like I always have.

No comments:

Post a Comment