Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Eight: Mardi Gras!

Not until I moved to the Florida panhandle twenty-eight years ago did I hear about Mardi Gras parades. But once I got here, I fell in love with them.  Chris and I rode our bikes over the Bob Sikes Bridge for this year's Pensacola Beach's parade, held on a beautiful, cool Sunday afternoon. 
The brightly costumed people on the fifty or so floats threw beads and Moon Pies and frisbees, but the best part of the street party was, and always will be, the music. 
One after another, the floats cranked out upbeat songs that had me dancing and singing with the crowd, all of us ready to, "Laissez les bons temps rouler!" There's nothing like a street party on the beach to get the good times rolling.

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!
 Photo credits: Chris Zokan

No comments:

Post a Comment